CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Since it has been awhile since I have posted anything, I will just do a quick overview of all that has happened in our lives over the past two weeks.

Last weekend Mike went fishing with has dad and bother Timmy. Since the guys went up north, my sister came to hang out with Kendal and I. I don't have any pictures since Mike had our camera and Kendal or Mandy misplaced Mandy's camera; which is still lost to this day. Sorry Mandy.

Monday night was Jason's 30th birthday, so I picked Maddy and Kendal up from Karen's so that Jaclynn and Jason could go out alone for Jason's B-day. Two kids is a lot harder than one, especially by myself. Sarah and Ben came over to help me out, because the girls wore me out quick. Maddy and Kendal enjoyed mac and cheese, green beans, and pancakes together for dinner. I had to get rid of all the leftovers from the weekend. Boy what a mess. Maddy seemed to like the feeling of rubbing cheese all over her body (video below explains it). I gave them both baths after dinner, it was extremely hard to grab two wet naked running babies to get them into their jammies, thank god this was when Mike came home from golf and helped me out.

Friday we packed up and headed up to Mancelona to go camping with the Kreiders and the Abbotts. We were praying for better weather then the rainy cold weekend we had last summer. We got really hot days and freezing cold nights. At least we were better prepared this summer. All the babies had a blast running around and hanging outside. We spent Saturday afternoon at the pool, it was so much more fun with the kids this year, screaming and splashing around. After the pool we spent the evening playing bad-mitten, Schmidts 2 Kreiders 0. I think this is the first time ever that Mike and I can actually say we smoked the Kreiders in a sport. We all enjoyed talking around the late night campfires while the kids were all snuggled up in the tents. The ride home went pretty smoothly and we are all unpacked and ready to start another week. This summer is flying by.

Kendal is talking a lot now, some of her favorite new words are kitty kitty, NO, and night night when she is ready to go to bed. That has to be our new favorite thing she does. She usually gives us a clue by walking up to the steps, shaking the gate and she softly says,” go night night." This kid is just too cute.

A couple videos below.

Maddy likes cheese!

Maddy takes Ben's pacifiers...

Kendal makes music and smacks Jaclynn

Our favorite moment of the trip... these two are like sisters!

Enjoy some recent pictures below.

New favorite sleeping position

Don't mind the mess, look how cute Maddy's hair is

Timmy's first fish of the trip

They sure do bite in the rain

Mike said it seemed like Timmy caught one of these every cast

Grandpa Schmidt did catch a few :>

Another

Last fish of the trip...

Celebrating Jason's 30th Birthday

The chow line, feeding the kids camping

New favorite food, blueberries

Maddy tring to pick up Kendal

Kendal stealing her fathers hat

I know you can see us holding them on the rock

My hair is sweet!

Kendal is actually wearing her hat, Good Girl

Playing in the baby pool

Who's having more fun, Dad or Kendal?

Forget the freeing cold baby pool, I am a big girl in a baby float

Kendal was scared to death of BoBo the Bear at the campground, at least Mom got a popsicle out of it

I LOVE watermelon

The three amigos, ready to pack up and go home

I am going to pimp this car out when I'm 16!

The Schmidt's 7/22/07

1 comments:

Jaclynn said...

Love the videos! Thanks for getting some of Maddy. We sure had a great weekend, just went way too fast. You all are sure great friends and we love ya'll to death, especially Kendal!