Monday, July 07, 2008

Boy is time flying by this summer. Hard to believe I will be back to work in less than a month. The girls are doing great. I think Hayden is officially sleeping through the night. Most nights she is in bed between 9 and 10 pm and sleeps until between 6 and 8 am. I am enjoying the extra sleep and I think I can say for the most part I am not as crabby as I have been.

The girls and I had fun while Mike was away in Cleveland for his parent’s anniversary. We got to enjoy the hot air balloon festival, and lots of food from all the neighbors. It is so great to have such good friends living all around our neighborhood to help out when Mike is out of town. Thanks again to the Abbotts and the Navetta families, for their help with Kendal and all the great food. I discovered it is hard to take the girls out walking without Mike. At the Balloon Fest it was quite a hike from our "bus"(my van) to the actual festival. Kendal would decide that she was done walking and just go down on her knees and not get up. I was walking with Hayden in the snuggly, so I couldn't pick up Kendal too. Sarah got me out of that situation. From now on when we have a lot of walking we are using s stroller or wagon.

We have been enjoying the nice weather. Kendal has been in her whale pool all weekend. I kept her entertained while Mike was putting up out new shed. Hayden hung out with us in one of her numerous swings, bouncy seats, and exercise mats. The shed turned out great and I am sure it will be filled up before we know it.

We went to Greg's parent’s house on the lake on this past week. Kendal had her first ride on a wave runner, and Hayden had her first boat ride. Kendal seemed to enjoy it, and Hayden just slept the whole time on the boat. On the way down to their house we stopped at Cabella's so Kendal could look at the fish. She was amazed at all the animals inside the store. She didn't quite understand all the stuffed deer heads hanging on the wall. She kept saying, “Look mommy, deer is jumping off the rocks." I didn't have the heart to tell her they were stuffed.

Hayden has mastered rolling from her back to her belly. She is a rolling machine. It has made putting her to be a little more difficult. As soon as you lay her down in her bed, before you even turn around she is on her belly, awake and crying. Now we just need to get her to go from her belly to her back.

Off to the zoo in the morning. Enjoy recent pictures below.

Kendal after feeding herself

Kendal dressing herself

Kendal and Daddy on the wave runner

Kendal and Ben on the kayak

My two girls

Closeup of Hayden

A half smile